On April 1, 2014 the Cities of Northfield and Dundas and seven surrounding townships signed a Joint Powers Agreement which established a new organization for a joint fire department named the Northfield Area Fire and Rescue Service (NAFRS). The NAFRS serves about 26,000 residents and an area of 144 square miles.
The NAFRS is governed by a Board of eight people selected by the Members. On September 1, 2014, the department began operating under the new structure. The NAFRS is financed by the members. The percentage paid by each member is determined by a formula using population and estimated market value of property (see Appendix D, page 37 of the Joint Powers Agreement).
- 2021 Board Members
- 2021 Board Meeting Dates
- 2021 Committee Appointments
- 2021 Budget
- 2021-2030 Capitol Equipment Plan (approved 7/16/2020)
- 2020 NAFRS Annual Report
- Amended and Restated Fire Station Lease Agreement
- Amended and Restated Joint Powers Agreement (approved 6/18/2020)
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Bylaws of NAFRS
- Legal Representation, RFP